OpenCorp and its subsidiaries (the “火红彩票官方下载app”) are committed to maintaining and protecting the privacy of the personal information we collect. We are guided by the Privacy Act 1988 (the “Act”) and its Principles. The Act affords an individual the right to know what information is held by the 火红彩票官方下载app. How we use the information we collect and how an individual can access the information we hold and if they believe it is incorrect how to request its correction.
How we collect personal information from you
We collect personal information in a number of ways, including:
- By email;
- Over the telephone;
- Through written correspondence (such as letters, faxes and emails);
- On hard copy forms (including event registration forms, network registration forms, competitionentries and surveys);
- In person;
- Through our website (for example: if you make an online enquiry or request a copy of our product disclosure statement or if you participate in a webinar);
- At expos, seminars and functions (for example: if you fill out an assessment form or leave us your business card);
- Expressions of interest;
- From third parties, including:
- Through an authorised representative such as financial advisors, lawyers, accountants, trustees, direct marketing database providers;
- The ATO or ASIC (for example: through correspondence in relation to managed investments).
How we collect your information from other sources
Sometimes we collect information about you from other sources. We do this only if it is necessary to do so. Instances of when we may need to do so where:
- We cannot get hold of you and we rely on publicly available information to update your contact details;
- We need information from a financial adviser about an application you make through us;
- At your request, we exchange information with your legal or financial advisers or otherauthorised representatives.
When the law authorises or requires us to collect information
We may collect information about you because we are required or authorised by law to collect it. There are laws that affect financial service providers, including company and tax law, which require us to collect personal information. For example, we require personal information to verify your identity under Anti-Money Laundering laws.
How we use your information
- Giving you information about a financial product or service;
- Considering whether you are eligible for a financial product or service; processing your application and providing you with a financial product or service;
- Administering the financial product or service we provide you, which includes answering your requests and complaints, varying financial products and services and managing our relevant product portfolios;
- Identifying you or verifying your authority to act on behalf of another client;
- Telling you about other financial products or services that may be of interest to you, or running competitions and other promotions (this can be via email, telephone, SMS, mail, or any other electronic means including via social networking forums), unless you tell us not to;
- Assisting in arrangements with other organisations (such as joint venture partners) in relation toa product or service we make available to you;
- Allowing us to run our business and perform administrative and operational tasks, such as:
- Developing and marketing financial products and services;
- Risk management;
- Systems development and testing, including our websites and other online channels; o Undertaking planning, research and statistical analysis;
- Determining whether a beneficiary will be paid a benefit;
- Preventing or investigating any fraud or crime, or any suspended fraud or crime;
- As required by law, regulation or codes binding us;
- For any purpose for which you have given your consent and;
- Training staff.
You can let us know at any time if you no longer wish to receive direct marketing offers from OpenCorp. We will process your request as soon as practicable.
What happens if you do not provide us with your information?
OpenCorp’s policy is to provide individuals with the option of not identifying themselves, or of using a pseudonym, when dealing with us it is lawful and practicable to do so. A pseudonym is a name or other descriptor that is different to an individual’s actual name.
In some cases however, if you don’t provide us with your personal information when requested, we may not be able to respond to your request or provide you with the product or service that you are seeking. For example, you must identify yourself to become an Investor in OpenCorp’s Managed Investment Scheme.
If you do not provide your information to us, we may not be able to:
- Provide you with the financial product or service you want;
- Manage or administer your financial product or service;
- Verify your identity or protect against fraud; or
- Let you know about other financial products or services from OpenCorp that might beappropriate to meet your financial and lifestyle needs.
The steps we take to secure the personal information we hold include security such as encryption, firewalls, anti-virus software and log in and password protection, secure office access, personnel security and training and workplace policies.
This website uses the following cookies:
- Google Analytics: this cookie allows us to see information on user website activities including, but not limited to page views, source and time spent on website. The information is depersonalised and is displayed as numbers, meaning it cannot be tracked back to individuals. This will help to protect your privacy. Using Google Analytics we can see what content is popular on our website, and strive to give you more of the things you enjoy reading and watching.
- Google AdWords: using Google AdWords code we are able to see which pages heled lead the contact form submissions. This allows us to make better use of our paid search budget.
- DoubleClick: we use remarketing codes to log when users view specific pages, allowing us to provide targeted advertising in the future. You can manage/opt out here: http://www.google.com/privacy_ads.html
- Facebook: we use Facebook remarketing to log when users view specific pages, allowing us to provide targeted advertising in the future. You can manage/opt out here: http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.aspSharing with OpenCorp
We may share your personal information with other OpenCorp related entities. This may depend on the financial product or service you have applied for and the OpenCorp entity you are dealing with.
Sharing at your request
We may need to share your personal information with:
- Your authorised representative or any person acting on your behalf (for example financial advisers, lawyers, accountants, executors, administrators, trustees, or auditor).
Sharing with third parties
We may disclose your personal information to third parties outside of OpenCorp, including:
- Those involved in providing, managing or administering your financial product or service;
- Authorised representatives who may promote financial products or services on our behalf;
- Real estate agents;
- Our auditors or lawyers and other external advisers;
- Fraud reporting agencies (including organisations that assist with fraud investigations andorganisations established to identify, investigate and/or prevent any fraud, suspected fraud,crime, suspected crime, or misconduct of a serious nature);
- Government or regulatory bodies (including the Australian Tax Office and Austrac) as requiredor authorised by law (in some instances these bodies may share it with relevant foreign authorities);
- Rating agencies to the extent necessary to allow the rating agency to rate particularinvestments;
- Organisations that maintain, review and develop our business systems, procedures andtechnology infrastructure, including testing or upgrading our computer systems;
- Our joint venture partners that provide financial services such as investment management forus; * organisations that assist with our product planning, research and development;
- Other organisations involved in our normal business practices, including our agents andcontractors; and where you have given your consent. Sharing outside Australia we may disclose your personal information overseas. However, if we do disclose this information outside Australia, we will do so on the basis that the information will be used only for the purposes set out in this document and in accordance with applicable laws. We may store your information in the cloud or other types of networked or electronic storage. As electronic or networked storage can be accessed from various countries via an internet connection, it is not always practicable to know in which country火红彩票官方下载app your information may be held. Overseas organisations may be required to disclose information we chare with them under a foreign law. In those instances, we will not be responsible for that disclosure.
Accessing and correcting information
Individuals have a right to request access to the persona information that OpenCorp holds about them and request its correction.
If you have an enquiry or complaint about our information handling practices please contact火红彩票官方下载app by calling 1300 648 564 or alternatively write to:
OpenCorp Privacy Officer PO Box 5266
Brandon Park, VIC 3150
It is our intention to resolve any complaint as quickly as possible to your satisfaction. If you are unhappy with the response provided by us, you may refer your complaint to the Office of Australian Information Commissioner www.oaic.gov.au/
Where you have consented to receiving direct marketing communications from us, your consent will remain current until you advise us otherwise. However, you can opt out at any time in the following way;
- Send a letter to: OpenCorp Privacy Officer PO Box 5266
Brandon Park, VIC 3150
- 火红彩票官方下载appPhone 1300 649 564
- Advise us if you receive a marketing call that you no longer wish to receive these calls;
- Use the unsubscribe facility that we include in our commercial electronic messages (such asemails and SMS’s) to opt out of receiving those messages.